This week we are focusing on Vision Boards! Do you know what they are? Have you done one before?
They are a powerful visualization (but also simple) tool that activates the ‘universal law of attraction’ to begin manifesting your dreams into reality. The concept of the vision board (also known as a goal board, goal map, or treasure map) has been around for generations, but it’s gained a renewed interest and popularity after success expert John Assaraf related his story of using vision boards to achieve his dreams in the best-selling DVD documentary The Secret.
So what is a Vision Board?
A vision board is simply a visual representation or collage of the things that you want to have, be, or do in your life.
Practically, it consists of a poster or foam board with cut-out pictures, drawings and/or writing on it of the things that you want in your life or the things that you want to become. Click HERE for the ‘How to’ on making a vision board.
The purpose of a vision board is to activate the law of attraction to begin to pull things from your external environment that will enable you to realize your dream. By selecting pictures and writing that charges your emotions with feelings of passion, you will begin to manifest those things into your life!
THE SCIENCE BEHIND THE LAW OF ATTRACTION
What exactly is the law of attraction? The law of attraction states that we attract into our lives anything that we give attention to, regardless whether it be positive or negative. From a psychological view, the law of attraction can be best explained by the information filtering system of the brain known as the reticular activating system (RAS). Vision boards serve the role of programming the RAS to tune into external stimuli that can help us move closer towards our intentions.
I personally have done many Vision boards over the years and they are so powerful! Be careful what you put on them…as they work!
I also have some great personal stories:
· One year I put a huge diamond (Tiffany) ring in the middle of my board (See pic) and yes I got a marriage proposal…but it was for the wrong reasons. We actually broke up!
· My dear friend and client Jasmine had a set of twins on her board. Yep, you guessed it. She is pregnant with twins!
· Another close friend (who I had helped when she was going through her IVF) had a picture of a blue eyed, blonde baby on hers…she not only had a baby who looks EXACTLY like that…she had four!
· My first life coach used to put pics of hot men on her Vision Board. She actually got blokes who looked like the pics…ha ha
· My daughter even makes them (great for kids) and most of the things on her board, she achieves. She still insists on putting a puppy on every board she makes…I don’t want one though!
· My friend Jen put a pic of a beach (she thought it was Fuji) on her board. It was actually Thailand. She only realised after her partner surprised her with a trip to Thailand to the exact same place!
· A client of mine did up her vision board with masses of people overlaying a pic of her shop (to envision the shop being busy). She got it! Now her business is thriving!
I usually do a new board every 6 months – but its really up to you.
This whole experience is a beautiful to and very nourishing for the soul. Don’t rush it, take your time and get comfortable with the images. If you are even slightly unsure about a picture – take it off! Put some music on and really enjoy the process, its even great to do the Vision board with your friends. Have a party!
This week is a fun one!
Listen to the 16 min audio too. It does talk about the New Year – but remember you can use this at anytime of the year – BECAUSE YOU MAKE THE RULES!